- Organization: DRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Close on: 21 Mar 2023
About Organization:DRC, or the Danish Refugee Council, is a non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian assistance and protection to refugees, internally displaced persons, and other people affected by conflict and displacement. Founded in 1956, the organization is based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and operates in more than 30 countries around the world, with a particular focus on the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.DRC’s programs and services include emergency relief, protection, shelter, water and sanitation, livelihoods support, and education. The organization also advocates for the rights of refugees and other displaced people, and works to promote durable solutions to displacement, including resettlement, voluntary repatriation, and local integration.Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Ethiopia-Storekeeper(Warehouse) , Service ContractDRC places a strong emphasis on partnerships and collaboration, working closely with other organizations, governments, and local communities to ensure effective and sustainable responses to displacement and humanitarian crises. The organization is committed to a principled approach to humanitarian action, guided by the core values of respect, integrity, and accountability.
About NGO Jobs in Ethiopia- Supply Chain OfficerThis position focuses on the nation and ensures adherence to DRC policies and regulations there. The position helps to create national strategies, which are then turned into daily duties and action plans. When supervising national activities, the function offers assistance and/or technical direction to country operations.
- Ensuring all the Fleet and Asset management processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
- Develop and maintain relevant data base.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the DRC’s vehicle operations and policies
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and spare parts management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel
- Focal person for all purchases in transport department. Raising PRs for vehicles spare parts and vehicle repairs
- Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of IRC vehicles and generators.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on transport department and discuss with Supply Chain Manager.
- Signing on vehicle fuel forms for refueling and keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Establish quality transport and service for the organization.
- Ensuring that all assets are controlled and managed properly in accordance to donor-specific polices.
- The implementation and/or maintenance of standard IRC assets management policies and procedures.
- Update the Asset register, and the inventory list for assets and produce monthly reports.
- Work closely with supervisor to dispose assets including Auction, transfer, and donation process management in line with donor regulations and approval, with reference to organization policy.
- Conduct asset inventory (physical count) during the reporting period.
- Review and provide feedback on assigned supply chain reports submitted by country offices
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
- Implement discrete, time-bound Inventory and asset management initiatives which improve performance or compliance (i.e. implementing post-audit corrective action plan);
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans
- Perform any duty assigned by immediate supervisor.
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia- Supply Chain Officer Requirments
- BA in Business Management, Supply Management, or a related business subject.
- 2 years of experience for BA holders, or 4 years for those with a diploma or higher
- Good moral character, proactive, steady, and strong; good team player
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
How to Apply?
- Review the job description: Carefully review the job description and requirements to make sure you meet the qualifications and experience required for the job.
- Prepare your application: Prepare a complete and tailored application for the job. This typically includes your CV or resume, a cover letter, and any other required documents such as academic transcripts or certificates.
- Submit your application: Submit your application through the DRC website, following the instructions provided for submitting the application.
- Wait for a response: Once you submit your application, you will need to wait for a response from the DRC. This can take several weeks or months, so be patient.
- Attend interviews: If you are shortlisted for the job, you will be invited for an interview or other selection process. Make sure you are prepared for this by researching the organization and the job requirements and practicing your interview skills.
- Receive an offer: If you are selected for the job, you will receive an offer of employment from the DRC. Carefully review the offer and make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the job before accepting it.
Note that the application process for DRC jobs may vary depending on the position and location. Some positions may require additional assessments or interviews, and the application process may be conducted in-person or online. Make sure to carefully read the job description and follow the application instructions provided.