About NGO Jobs in India | Manager | Financial Controller:
An exciting role protecting the Foundation’s assets (c.$6 billion), ensuring that CIFF’s financial operations in India are efficient and controlled.
This role will be part of CIFF’s global financial operations team, but its primary focus will be on ensuring CIFF’s India branch office is fully compliant with its tax and statutory accounting requirements, as well as providing additional support to CIFF’s Indian operations, such as payments and monitoring banking arrangements.
Visit; UN Careers-POLITICAL AFFAIRS OFFICER
Tasks & Accountabilities:
Tax and Compliance
- Making certain that monthly and quarterly TDS returns are done correctly and on schedule.
- Ensuring that all legislative duties are met by completing and submitting annual financial statements, tax reports, and compliance documents.
- Ensuring Compliance with RBI requirements.
- Payment coordination with CIFF’s bankers.
- TDS/GST compliance includes payment, refunds, and certifications.
- E-filing of periodical returns as per applicable statutes like Income Tax-TDS/GST and others, within stipulated due date and corrections thereof if any.
- Reconciling TDS deducted by vendors with Form 26AS on a quarterly basis.
- Posting of payment entries and reconciling bank accounts on daily basis and follow up for unidentified entries.
- Monitoring and publicizing changes to tax and other financial/accounting regulations.
- Ensure grant and operating expense payments are made on schedule and in accordance with CIFF group regulations.
- Ensure that reconciliations of all balance-sheet items are conducted on a regular basis.
- Producing financial statements and schedules for statutory audits, as well as any other information, and organizing the smooth operation of statutory audits.
- Keeping in touch with key players such as CIFF’s bank, tax authorities, auditors, and tax consultants.
- Assisting the Executive Director, India, and other branch office authorized representatives with financial operations matters, including dealings with applicable regulators and authorities.
- Attending and contributing to internal groups in relation to India’s financial control (e.g. operations risk working group).
- Ad hoc contribution to general financial control projects such as planning, forecasting, and risk management and attending global financial control meetings.
- Oversee the return of outsourced accounting and tax functions to CIFF, where benefits can be realized.
- Handle the CIFF India accounting ledger’s migration to the CIFF Global Accounting IT system.
- Provide training and materials to help members of the CIFF support and program teams become more knowledgeable about Indian accounting and tax regulations.
- Designing appropriate controls and processes to mitigate key risks within CIFF’s Indian financial operations.
Also, Find more here: UN Jobs in USA-ASSOCIATE LEGAL OFFICER
- Qualified accountant with robust post-qualification experience pertinent to the role.
- Bachelor’s degree 2:1 or above.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in complying with Indian income tax regulations.
- Understanding and experience in filing TDS/GST returns for India-based companies.
- Knowledge of India’s financial and tax risk environments, as well as the application of proportionate mitigating procedures.
- Operational mindset and attention to detail to manage day-to-day activities swiftly and accurately while maintaining appropriate supporting documents.
- Excellent organizational abilities, as well as the ability to deliver in a time-constrained environment while managing several workstreams.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills.
- Outstanding writing and oral communication abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a team are crucial.
- Capability to address problems and initiate changes.
- Take ownership, anticipate ‘customers’ needs, and flag potential issues early
Main working relationships
- Financial Control team
- India branch office staff
- Bank, tax authorities, accountants, and auditors
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package here at CIFF that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Annual leave – 25 days per annum. Increasing by 1 day after each year of service, to a maximum of 30 days.
- Bonus – CIFF currently operates a discretionary bonus scheme.
- Training allowance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance