- Organization: Welt Hunger Life
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Head of Finance
- Location: Pakistan
- Close on: 13 Apr 2023
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest private aid agencies in Germany; politically and religiously independent. The organization fights for “Zero Hunger by 2030”. Since being founded in 1962, it has provided funding of EUR 4.2 billion for more than 10,369 overseas projects in 70 countries.
In 2020 alone, Welthungerhilfe supported about 14.3 million people with its 539 overseas projects in 35 countries. In real terms, that means: Many people now harvest more and can therefore improve their diets. They now have clean drinking water or toilets at home, which leaves them less susceptible to illness. Others are earning or producing more and can begin an education. With Welthungerhilfe’s assistance, the kids have a chance for better physical and mental growth.
Also, Apply: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia- Supply Chain Officer
NGO Jobs in Pakistan-Head of Finance
Head of Finance is responsible for the supervision and handling of the financial affairs of the entire organization, providing financial advice and support to the management and partners to enable them to make sound business decisions. The role of the Head of Finance is multifunctional. Head of finance must understand all aspects of the operations, so he/she is able to adequately advise and support the Country Head in strategic decision-making and ensuring operational growth. A win-win working environment will be maintained at all levels through effective communication, coordination, and compliance on the part of the head of finance. The head of finance will be in charge of the internal financial controls as well as demonstrating leadership skills to assist teams at all levels.
- Responsible to support budget planning and adjustment of the projects own and donor funds.
- Checking of partner agreements taking into account the capacity of the partners and the donor regulations.
- Control and supervise liquidity planning of the projects and internal fund requests and ensuring costs are cleared internally within a project (appropriate allocation of costs)
- Checking project bookkeeping (own and PPO) and ensuring internal and external financial reporting occurs in due time.
- Ensuring that Head of Project and PPO assume budgetary responsibility (expenditure and budget control)
- Coordinating country office statements on audit and accounting reports and checking the implementation of appropriate recommendations and required compliances of statutory and non-statutory (govt vs donor).
- Supervising the financial administration of the country office and all measures to re-finance the country office, reporting to the Head Office and medium-term financial planning
- Initiation and checking of refunds/returns/final fund requests to donors and supporting budget planning, modification of projects and preparation of cost and financing plans
- Support to the Country Director (CD)/Head of Programs/budget holder for the programme and project planning and supporting them to conclude agreement with PPO and co-financers.
- Checking and assuring compliance of the Regulations for the Awarding of Contracts (RAC) and relief supplies management in coordination of LOGs.
- Involvement in all financial administrative matters with current and potential co-financers on location, including maintaining contacts and examining financing modalities with regard to ongoing and planned individual projects.
- Organizing audits and/or accounting activities as well as responsibility for the professional supervision of these measures on location.
- Checking of national law and the relevance for Welthungerhilfe.
- To maintain close communication and coordination with the WHH staff to ensure smooth and speedy support to partners and to monitor compliance related issues.
- To Manage the Audit Process to ensure Clarity and Quality at both ends of WHH staff and Partners.
- Keeping the Country Director timely informed on all aspect of the project/Partner progress and situation as per predefined WHH information tools and reporting channels.
- Keeping close coordination and communication on legal aspects of the projects with WHH staff and partners to ensure win-win long-term partnership.
- Fulfillment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position.
NGO Jobs in Pakistan-Head of Finance Requirments
- Master’s degree in accounting and/or Financial Audit, Financial Management, or a combination of a professional accounting qualification/accreditation and relevant professional experience
- Overall, 8-12 years’ of professional experience in the field of finance and minimum 5 year of professional experience in a similar position
- Excellent proficiency in English and Urdu is desired.