- Organization: IR
- Location: South Sudan
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Roving Area Manager
- Close on: N/A
Relief International (RI) is a global humanitarian organization dedicated to reducing human suffering and building resilience in communities affected by conflict, natural disasters, and other crises. The organization was founded in 1990 and operates in more than 20 countries worldwide.
RI’s programs focus on providing emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance in the areas of health, education, economic opportunity, and emergency response. The organization works with local communities, governments, and partner organizations to identify and address their most pressing needs and build long-term solutions for sustainable development.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Sudan-Driver
RI is committed to promoting gender equality, protecting the rights of vulnerable groups, and ensuring that its programs are designed to meet the specific needs of the communities it serves. The organization’s mission is to provide humanitarian assistance that empowers communities to rebuild and improve their lives in the wake of crisis and conflict.
About NGO Jobs in South Sudan-Roving Area Manager
Position: Roving Area Manager
Location: Roving between Longechuk, Maiwut, Ulang, and Jikmir field offices
Reports to: Country Director
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
The Roving Area Manager provides managerial direction to guarantee high quality, effective, and efficient programming within the designated Areas. He or she also oversees Relief International’s humanitarian assistance response efforts in Longechuk, Maiwut, Ulang, and Jikmir. The Roving Area manager must have a high leadership profile and have experience handling emergency and refugee programming because they are RI’s most senior field representative. The chosen applicant must be organized and capable of speaking on behalf of RI to partners, including donors and beneficiaries. The roving area manager must be able to handle delicate, complicated situations with tact while upholding RI’s mission, principles, and objectives.
NGO Jobs in South Sudan-Roving Area Manager Requirments
Proven experience in area management with a bias toward field operations and security management.
• Experience with UNHCR, BPRM, UNICEF, and WFP donor rules and regulations will be an added advantage.
• This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment working with multicultural teams
• Creativity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic required
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the area of program management in conflict settings
• Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and liaison experience, dealing with local authorities, donors, partners, program participants communities
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
• Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
• Previous experience in South Sudan is desirable.