- Organization: FHI360
- Location: Uganda
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: office assistant
- Close on: N/A
FHI 360 (Family Health International 360) is a non-profit human development organization that works in over 70 countries to improve lives and promote positive social and economic change. The organization was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, USA.
FHI 360’s mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. The organization works in various areas such as health, education, economic development, gender equality, and social innovation.
FHI 360 partners with governments, foundations, universities, and other organizations to provide technical assistance, research, and program implementation in a range of sectors. The organization has expertise in areas such as HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, family planning, maternal and child health, nutrition, and education.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Uganda-Project Associate
FHI 360 also works on projects related to crisis response and recovery, providing assistance to communities affected by natural disasters, conflicts, and other emergencies.
The organization is committed to promoting sustainable development, empowering communities, and improving the lives of the most vulnerable populations, including women, children, and marginalized communities.
FHI 360 is funded by a variety of sources, including the US government, other governments, foundations, corporations, and individuals. The organization is committed to transparency, accountability, and evidence-based programming to ensure the best possible impact on the communities it serves.
About NGO Jobs in Uganda-Office Assistant
The Office Assistant will help the FHI360 office in Uganda and see to it that the project runs efficiently. To guarantee an effective, efficient, and secure working environment for staff and guests, s/he will assist with the daily management of office facilities.
- Oversee the cleaning crew to ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the office, both outside and inside.
- Ensure all office furniture and electronics are kept clean.
- Ensure Office is opened early to allow cleaners to clean offices before staff come.
- Ensure Office is locked at end of day and all security lights are switched-on in the evening, and off in the morning.
- Ensure safety and security of the office supplies and equipment
- Monitor stock levels of office supplies and update the administrative assistant accordingly.
- Handle general office inquiries and route them to appropriate officers for assistance, as necessary.
- Ensure that staff tea is served at various identified locations within the offices.
- Support the office in absence of the administration assistant
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
NGO Jobs in Uganda-Office Assistant Requirments
- Basic or advanced education, or a diploma.
- The addition of a security and safety certificate will be beneficial.
- Ability to maintain a variety of records, such as inventories of supplies and materials.
- Proven ability to work independently and self-motivated, and also work cooperatively with other office personnel.