- Organization: IRC
- Location: United State
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Training Officer, Client-Centered Services
- Close on: 3 May 2023
IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is an online chat platform that allows users to communicate with each other in real-time through chat rooms or channels. The platform was created in 1988 by Jarkko Oikarinen, a Finnish computer scientist, and it quickly gained popularity among the early internet community.
IRC is not owned or controlled by any specific organization. Instead, it is a decentralized network of servers that are run by volunteers around the world. These servers are interconnected, which allows users to join any server and access the same channels and chat rooms as they would on any other server.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-Livestock Specialist
Although IRC is not centrally controlled, there are a few organizations that are involved in its development and maintenance. For example, the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) has created several technical standards related to IRC, and the IRC Working Group is responsible for maintaining these standards and ensuring that IRC remains compatible with modern internet technologies. In addition, there are several IRC client software developers who create and maintain the software that users use to connect to IRC servers.
About NGO Jobs in United State-Training Officer, Client-Centered Services
One of the most well-known suppliers of excellent programming for refugees resettling in the United States is the International Rescue Committee (IRC). Switchboard, supported by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and run by the IRC in collaboration with the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, is a one-stop resource center for refugee care providers in the United States (LIRS).
In order to support its training and capacity-building services to ORR-funded refugee care providers in the United States, such as resettlement agencies and affiliates, state agencies, ethnic community-based groups, and others, Switchboard is looking for a Training Officer. The Training Officer will be in charge of planning and executing initiatives to increase client-centered service capacity, with a focus on case management.
NGO Jobs in United State-Training Officer, Client-Centered Services Requirments
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Minimum four years of direct service experience with refugees and/or other ORR-eligible populations in the context of Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)-funded programs
- good writing and verbal communication skills; proficiency in English; effective public speaking skills
How to Apply?
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to start the application process.
- Create an account on the IRC application portal or sign in to your existing account.
- Fill out the application form, including your personal information, education, work experience, and any other relevant details.
- Upload your resume, cover letter, and any other supporting documents.
- Review your application and submit it.
- Wait for the IRC recruitment team to review your application. If you are selected for an interview, they will contact you to schedule a time.
It’s essential to tailor your application to the specific job you’re applying for and highlight your relevant skills and experience. Also, make sure to follow the application instructions carefully and submit your application before the deadline.