- Organization: IRC
- Location: USA
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Education Coordinator
- Close on: 15 May 2023
IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is an organization that provides a platform for real-time online chatting. It was created in 1988 by Jarkko Oikarinen, a Finnish computer scientist, and has since become a popular means of communication among people around the world. IRC operates by connecting users to servers, which in turn connect them to various channels or chat rooms where they can communicate with others who share similar interests. IRC is open-source software, which means that anyone can modify and distribute the code. The organization has a set of guidelines and rules that users must follow, including avoiding offensive or abusive language and respecting the privacy of others. Despite the rise of newer forms of online communication, IRC remains a popular platform for people who value its simplicity, speed, and ability to connect people across different geographical locations.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-Finance Assistant
About NGO Jobs in USA-Education Coordinator
To enhance youth and adult educational attainment, the education coordinator oversees curriculum development, supports program design, and builds team capability. They enable the implementation of ESL and Social Emotional Asset Development (SEAD) curricula as well as staff and volunteer training on methods for interacting with youth who speak poor English. The Education Coordinator creates academic programming for children and adults served by IRC using the body of current knowledge, research, and IRC-provided tools and curriculum (Safe Healing and Learning Spaces). This job serves as the primary resource for IRC personnel in the areas of training, coaching, mentoring, and advice to ensure high standards of communication, workflow, and project outcomes.
- Assure that project outcomes and reporting meet external standards by funders (contractual compliance, deliverables are achieved timely, policies/procedures are implemented, and reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner) as well as internal IRC standards of professional project management, technical competence, and organizational policy
- Guide project staff as they implement Youth projects in a manner that is effective, innovative, and passionate about promoting client self-sufficiency
- Lead in the development and refinement of Social Emotional Asset Development curriculum in collaboration with program staff and IRC Technical Advisor
- Lead development of Youth program and intergenerational curriculum
- Train and mentor Youth program staff in classroom management and curriculum implementation
- Evaluate program efficiency and effectiveness and adapt the program curriculum or design as needed
- Collaborate successfully with the other IRC departments to ensure that clients are receiving the comprehensive services they need to achieve their goals
- Develop GED and English for Academic Purpose (EAP) tutoring program
- Train and mentor volunteer teachers for GED and EAP program for in classroom management and curriculum implementation
- Other related duties as assigned
NGO Jobs in USA-Education Coordinator Requirments
- Required is a bachelor’s degree, ideally in a relevant subject. Preferably, you have a master’s degree in a related subject like education, curriculum & instruction, or TESOL/ESL.
- Requires three years of relevant experience. 5+ years of teaching experience, with a high preference for an ESL or TESOL background
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, Dari, Pashto, and Kiswahili are also desirable, as are knowledge of other languages spoken by IRC’s clients.
How to Apply?
- Review the job description: Once you find a job opening that interests you, carefully review the job description and requirements to ensure that you meet the qualifications.
- Prepare your application materials: Prepare a professional resume and cover letter tailored to the job you are applying for. You may also need to include a portfolio or other work samples, depending on the type of job you are applying for.
- Submit your application: Follow the instructions in the job posting to submit your application. This may involve submitting your application online, through email, or by mailing it to the company.
- Follow up: After submitting your application, follow up with the company to ensure that they received it and to express your continued interest in the position. You can do this by email or phone.
It’s important to keep in mind that the application process may vary depending on the company and the job you are applying for. Be sure to read the job posting carefully and follow all instructions provided. Good luck with your job search!