The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization that addresses hunger and promotes food security. Established in 1961, WFP is a branch of the United Nations and operates in over 80 countries worldwide.
WFP’s primary mission is to provide food assistance to people affected by conflict, disasters, and other emergencies. The organization also works to support local communities in building sustainable food systems, improving nutrition and health outcomes, and promoting education and gender equality.
WFP provides food assistance through a variety of programs, including emergency food distributions, school feeding programs, and nutrition support for mothers and children. The organization also works to improve local food production and distribution systems and supports smallholder farmers to improve their livelihoods.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-National ICT Associate
In addition to its emergency response work, WFP is also actively involved in advocacy efforts to raise awareness of hunger and food insecurity and to promote policies that support food security and sustainable agriculture.
As of 2021, WFP has over 17,000 staff members and reaches approximately 97 million people each year. The organization is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, individuals, and private sector partners.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Peshawar, Pakistan
Vacancy Number: 627475
Date of Publication: 15 March 2023
Deadline of Application: 28 March 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Pakistan.
to encourage the efficient and transparent use of financial resources by supporting the effective delivery of budget, finance, and administrative support services.
1. Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
3. Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
4. Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
5. Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
6. Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
7. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
8. Maintain contact with local bank to manage official account and to address / resolve issues (if any) in coordination with vendors and staff.
9. Capable of independently dicision making when face with critical choices in workplace or complex situation in the field.
Other similar jobs that might interest you