- Organization: UNESCO
- Location: Pakistan/Islamabad
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: National ICT Associate
- Close on: 30 Mar 2023
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that was established in 1945 with the aim of promoting peace and international cooperation through education, science, culture, and communication. Its headquarters are located in Paris, France.
The organization’s mission is to promote and protect cultural diversity, preserve world heritage sites, improve access to quality education for all, advance scientific research and innovation, and promote freedom of expression and access to information.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-Programme Assistant
UNESCO operates in over 190 countries and has over 50 field offices worldwide. It is known for designating and protecting World Heritage Sites, establishing literacy programs in developing countries, promoting freedom of the press, and fostering international scientific collaborations.
As of 2021, UNESCO has 195 member states and 11 associate members. The organization is governed by a General Conference, which meets every two years, and an Executive Board, which is responsible for its day-to-day management.
About UN Jobs in Pakistan-National ICT Associate
The incumbent performs a variety of administrative support services in accordance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards, and procedures under the overall delegated authority of the Director of the Office (DIR) and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer (AO).
- The National ICT Associate makes sure that IT-related demands are handled in the national office in close coordination with DBS and the regional ICT Officer. He or she will assist in the management and administration of all ICT facilities, tools, and services for the workplace, make sure that ICT-delivered services and end-user requirements are recognized and satisfied, and anticipate changes to ICT configuration. Activities are conducted in accordance with ICT standards and norms that have been developed.
- Support the office with user assistance and technical/functional specialist support. By checking the legitimacy of the issue and looking for existing solutions related to these more sophisticated difficulties, assist users in resolving technical issues and looking into higher issues. He or she is responsible for bringing up any new issues with DBS, regional ICT support, local external service provider, or both if they cannot be resolved.
- Under the direction of DBS and the Regional ICT officer, s/he will carry out the rollout of new features, apps, or services, system upgrades, and IT infrastructure improvements. Observe the software, hardware, and network installation processes. In collaboration with Regional ICT, s/he provides advice on the best technical approaches to meet standards while taking into account regional technical limitations. Provide suggestions for cutting expenses and enhancing IT services.
- Assess the needs for new applications and changes to current ones, ensure that the relevant policies are followed, and ensure that each ICT initiative, project, or application is appropriately registered in the Application Portfolio. For procurement and invitations to bid, prepare and develop operational, technical, hardware, and software needs and specifications. the ICT equipment inventory should be updated and kept current (hardware and software details).
- Determine and analyze users’ training needs in ICT-related areas, particularly for desktop apps and business applications that already exist, and then plan the relevant courses.
- Maintain continuous communication with the information technology service of the host organization or institution to ensure the efficient and reliable functioning of the ICT infrastructure and the correct application of Service Level Agreements. Represent UNESCO at country-level ICT inter-agency gatherings and groups.
UN Jobs in Pakistan-National ICT Associate Requirments
- possess a university degree in computer science, IT, applied technology, or a similar profession.
- a minimum of three years’ worth of experience in the relevant IT field.
- Good spoken and written English and Urdu skills.
How to Apply?
- Create an account: To apply for a job, you need to create an account on the UNESCO careers website. This will allow you to save job openings, receive alerts about new vacancies, and submit your application.
- Prepare your application: Read the job description and requirements carefully and prepare your application documents, such as your CV and cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application documents, you can submit them online through the UNESCO careers website. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and submit your application before the deadline.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been received. The recruitment process may take several weeks or months, so be patient and wait for a response. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by UNESCO’s recruitment team.