- Organization: FAO
- Location: Dubai-India
- Type: Consultancy
- Job Title: Economist (Junior Analyst
- Close on: 3 Mar 2023
A specialized department of the UN, the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) is in charge of global initiatives to end hunger. Its objective is to ensure that everyone has access to enough wholesome food and is able to live active, healthy lives. The FAO strives to increase agricultural productivity and sustainability, decrease rural poverty, assure inclusive and effective production systems, and advance sustainable development.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-Risks and Compliance Specialist
About UN Careers-Economist (Junior Analyst)
The Economist (Junior Analyst) works closely with taskforces from ADAFSA and FAO assigned to the project under the general direction of the SNG Subregional Coordinator, the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Adviser, and the technical coordination of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO).
In order to inform the development of the Master Plan for Sustainable Agriculture in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the Economist (Junior Analyst) contributes to the quantitative and qualitative analysis on a wide range of topics related to the DST.
- aid in the government of Abu Dhabi’s evaluation of the agricultural sector and related policy framework.
- Participate in the creation of questionnaires to gather the data necessary for the use of DST models.
- Take the initiative to search, gather, compile, and harmonize primary and secondary data for use in and creation of the spatial decision support system – DST models.
- Work with ADAFSA staff to plan or carry out semi-structured interviews, focus groups, and expert consultations as necessary to collect qualitative and quantitative data.
- Help with the examination of market structure, performance, and cost benefits for a few prioritized value chains at the farm, wholesale, and retail levels.
- Take part in technical consultations and help build the capacity of country analysts for computing and analyzing policy monitoring indicators with respect to DST models or other relevant support tools.
- Prepare technical reports, briefings, and presentations by drafting them or adding to them in order to facilitate technical consultations, workshops, or site visits.
- As needed, participate in the creation of the Master Plan and the nation’s strategies, policies, and plans.
UN Careers-Economist (Junior Analyst) Requirments
- Degree from an academic institution in economics, agricultural economics, natural resource economics, agribusiness management, or a closely related discipline
- One year of experience in the development of food security, agriculture, rural development, agribusiness investments, natural resource management, or related analytical research using quantitative economic analysis.
- For consultants, level B proficiency in one of the other FAO languages—French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian—and working knowledge of another FAO language, preferably Arabic, are required.