- Organization: WFP
- Location: Chad
- Type: Consultancy
- Job Title: International Consultant (Head of Sub Office)
- Close on: 1 Mar 2023
A global body of the United Nations called the World Food Programme (WFP) offers food aid[. Its headquarters are in Rome, Italy, and it was created by the UN in 1961 to help end world famine. Every year, the WFP provides food aid to 80 million people in almost 80 countries, creating a road to peace, stability, and nourishment. It is the biggest humanitarian organization in the world, fighting hunger and saving lives in dire situations.
About Un Careers-International Consultant (Head of Sub Office)
to oversee the effective and efficient administration of human and financial resources as well as the execution of WFP programs and activities. To increase WFP’s exposure, a lot of effort is put into establishing and sustaining connections with regional governments, UN organizations, and other partners.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-Office Assistant – Conductor
Un Careers-International Consultant (Head of Sub Office) Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee WFP field activities in the assigned area to guarantee the prompt and efficient implementation of food assistance programs.
- Ensure that the implementation of CO initiatives, policies, and strategies is held accountable.
- Manage the Field Office well to ensure efficient and effective personnel management and the ongoing formation of a productive and cohesive team.
- Make sure that financial resources are used effectively to meet the goals that have been specified.
- To guarantee that WFP security and safety standards are locally established and enforced, assume responsibility for the security of WFP personnel, operations, buildings, and assets in the Field Office.
- join in the Area Security Management Team actively and offer your assistance (ASMT).
- Collaborate with governments and other partners to pinpoint local areas where food aid can be applied to good effect. Assist in the design, formulation, and execution of food assistance programs and offer technical guidance, including guidance on context-specific transfer modalities (food, cash or vouchers).
- Create and organize systems for data collection and monitoring, and carry out timely monitoring and assessment tasks.
- Hold responsibility for WFP operations and performance and/or compile accurate, thorough analyses and reports that are timely and regularly submitted for Area/Country Office evaluation in order to determine the needs for program support and guide operational planning.
- Create and maintain collaborations with outside organizations to enhance aid offerings and aid complementing tactics; look for opportunities for joint approaches and projects.
- Establish and maintain communication with local government officials, foreign and domestic NGOs, UN organizations, funders, civil society, recipients, and other partners in the subject of food security.
- To ensure compliance with WFP policies and that project goals are being met, interact with beneficiaries and examine storage facilities and sites where WFP supplies are received.
- other as necessary.
Un Careers-International Consultant (Head of Sub Office) Requirements
- advanced degree from a university in economics, international development, the social sciences, or a similar field; or first degree from a university plus extra years of relevant job experience, training, or education.
- has acquired field operating experience, preferably in a difficult duty station or an emergency.
- has acquired field experience through field postings, field rotations, working in a sub-office, and other means.
- gained expertise in understanding political events, effectively estimating risk, and assisting managers and leaders in making decisions that take this into consideration.
- gotten more exposure to different regions within a function (i.e. policy, program, etc.)
- has had practice handling mid-size financial budgets and successfully juggling several goals.
- Fluency (level C) in English and French