- Organization: WFP
- Location: Egypt
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Prgramme Assistant
- Close on: 27 Feb 2023
A global body of the United Nations called the World Food Programme (WFP) offers food aid. Its headquarters are in Rome, Italy, and it was created by the UN in 1961 to help end world famine. Every year, the WFP provides food aid to 80 million people in almost 80 countries, paving the way for peace, stability, and nutrition. It is the biggest humanitarian organization in the world, fighting hunger and saving lives in dire situations.
Also, Apply: Un Careers-International Consultant (Head of Sub Office)
About Un Careers-Programme Assistant
to carry out specialized and/or standardized processes and activities connected to policies and programs that promote the efficient distribution of aid packages.
- Help teammates define the Strategic Objectives of WFP by understanding and communicating them.
- Be a force for good by suggesting to the supervisor potential upgrades to the team’s operational procedures.
- Make the task motivating for our team: explains to teammates the effects of WFP work in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission apparent in all that we do: explain how the duties of one’s own unit will further the goals of the WFP.
Un Careers-Programme Assistant Responsibilities
- Create/Recommend/maintain secure data repositories and secure data sharing platforms that enable the upload and access to beneficiary information from multiple sources as well as the receipt of reports from partners and FSPs for reconciliation and reporting, including establishing access and user roles.
- Manage a data management process that includes accurate and secure data flows and can account for various programs, distribution cycles, distribution modalities, information sources, and external partners.
- Produce reports based on program requirements, such as Monthly Payment List Memo, Reload Memo (if applicable), Reconciliation Memo (for all modalities), and any additional reports.
- Deduplication: evaluate the requirement for deduplication (for both internal and external/government lists) based on the data and processes currently in use.
- Help in creating a procedure or SOPs for integrating data with important external databases.
- Support efforts to ensure interoperability between WFP MIS (SCOPE) and government-owned systems by providing technical insights to the national office digitalization strategy.
- Assistance with various data analyst responsibilities for the exercises in data management, data verification, and vulnerability-based targeting.
- Assist with the implementation of data management initiatives designed to enhance, simplify, and synchronize the flow of operational information for EG CO across BI/Tableau dashboards, including data sources and user requirements mapping.
- Addressing DOTS, API Gateway, Tableau, and SCOPE system integration problems with SAP HANA.
Un Careers-Programme Assistant Requirments
- a university degree in computer science, information systems, information management, or a related discipline
- (4) years if you have a bachelor’s degree or above, or five (5) years of steadily increasing relevant experience if you have a secondary school diploma.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages