Job Title: Construction Engineer
Close on: 7 Feb 2023
The UN agency UNICEF is tasked with helping children all across the world with humanitarian and developmental needs. The organization, which was started in 1946 to aid children impacted by World War II, today operates in more than 190 nations and territories. Through fundraising, campaigning, and educational initiatives in the United States, UNICEF USA supports UNICEF’s international activities. At the same time, UNICEF is the world’s largest purchaser of mosquito nets, which can be used to protect children from malaria.
About UN Jobs-Construction Engineer/Ethiopia/2023
The Construction Engineer is responsible for overseeing and monitoring the construction activities in the Tigray region and reports to the Construction Engineer. Planning, assistance with procurement, and monitoring of on-site construction activities are all included in the supervision of construction projects. In addition to providing technical and advising support to the government and partners on construction project management, the incumbent works closely with the Programme/ Operations teams to define construction interventions that will satisfy programmatic needs and produce results for children.
Also, You can apply for UN Careers-Communication Programme Intern/Armenia/2023
Required Qualifications of UN Jobs-Construction Engineer/Ethiopia/2023
a university degree in architecture, civil engineering, construction management, or another related field
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in Construction project monitoring, site supervision, quality assurance, and/or other construction directly related technical fields are required.
- Ability to use Auto card and other related engineering software e.g. Revit.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work.
- Emergency experience is considered an asset.
English proficiency is necessary. It is advantageous to have knowledge of a local language or another official UN language, such as Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish.
competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)