- Organization: FAO
- Location: Azerbaijan
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Project Assitant
- Close on: 21 Mar 2023
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to eradicate hunger and malnutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. It was founded in 1945 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy.
The FAO works with governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector to achieve its goal of a world without hunger. Its areas of focus include food security, agriculture, fisheries, forestry, and rural development. The FAO provides technical assistance and advice to countries in these areas, as well as conducting research and providing information and statistics on food and agriculture.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Azerbaijan-National Soil Specialist
The FAO’s work is guided by its commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly SDG 2 which aims to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture. The organization also plays a key role in responding to emergencies and crises related to food and agriculture, such as natural disasters and conflict.
Overall, the FAO’s mission is to create a sustainable world where all people have access to enough nutritious food to lead healthy and productive lives.
About UN jobs in Azerbaijan-Project Assistant
According to a Memorandum of Understanding between the Government and FAO, FAO Uzbekistan has agreed to launch a Smart farming for future generation project in the Republic of Uzbekistan and has successfully assisted the Ministry of Agriculture of Uzbekistan by implementing joint programs with Government organizations. The Smart Farming project team at the FAO office in Uzbekistan needs a Project Assistant to help with administrative duties.
Under the overall supervision of the Budget Holder (NSPLD Team Leader), the Lead Technical Officer’s (LTO) direct technical supervision, and the Assistant FAO Representative in Uzbekistan’s (AFR) administrative and operational oversight
In compliance with FAO policies, procedures, and systems, the position holder is expected to promptly and effectively support project operations in operation and administration.
The Project Assistant will work under the general supervision of the Budget Holder (NSPLD Team Leader), the direct technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO), and the administrative and operational supervision of the AFAO Representative in Uzbekistan to ensure that the project is implemented smoothly. The Project Assistant will perform the following duties:
In accordance with FAO rules, procedures, and systems, provide timely and efficient operation and administration support to the successful implementation of the project activities.
-Keep day-to-day contact with the project team and provide advice and timely support when needed.
-Closely collaborate with the LTO and HQ Technical Officer/ALTO in planning and implementing the project activities (development of project work plan, procurement plan, travel plan, and HR);
-Follow up on the work plan and coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
-Process incoming and draft outgoing correspondence, e-mails, reports, and other written materials, including one-year progress report and weekly/monthly reports.
-Provide administrative support to missions of international consultants and FAO Officers, follow up on the field mission (reports, security clearance, travel authorization, travel expense claim, etc.).
-Liaise and coordinate with all stakeholders related to the project activities.
-Assist with developing the project publications, translation of the documents, and other correspondence as necessary.
-Take a lead on keeping the project pages on the FAO system (FEUZB website and FPMIS) up to date.
-Assist in the organization of workshops and technical meetings and develop the minutes and reports.
-Ensure appropriate oversight on all communication, procurement, human resources, and financial transactions (Field Budget Authorization and budget monitoring);
-Review and prepare routine documentation and correspondence related to assigned procurement actions, including, but not limited to identification of potential suppliers, preparation of invitations to bid, bid summaries, purchase orders and/or contracts, simple contractual amendments, renewals; obtain clarifications when necessary.
-Ensure that all FAO activities are administered according to the existing rules and regulations, adhering to the rules of transparency, accountability, fairness, and best value for money.
-Support the development, selection, awarding, implementation/delivery, payment, and closure of any contractual arrangements for the procurement of goods and services to ensure compliance with organizational rules and regulations as well as coherence, comprehensiveness, and soundness of the contracts.
-Any other duties as required.
UN jobs in Azerbaijan-Project Assistant Requirments
- Higher degree in economics, finance, business administration, procurement, and or supply-related fields.
- 2 years of relevant experience in procurement, supply, and other similar fields.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and Uzbek, working knowledge of Russian.
- National or Resident of Uzbekistan
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Review the job description and requirements to make sure you meet the qualifications and experience needed for the position. It is important to carefully read the application instructions and to submit all required documents.
- Create a profile: Create a UN careers profile and complete the online application form. You will need to provide personal and professional information, as well as submit a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed your application, click on the submit button to send your application to the UN. You will receive a confirmation email with your application details.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, it may take several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by a UN representative.
- Attend an interview: If you are invited to an interview, prepare well and attend the interview as scheduled.
- Receive an offer: If you are successful in your application, you will receive an offer from the UN. You will need to accept the offer and follow the instructions provided to complete the hiring process.
- It is important to note that the UN has a highly competitive application process, and it may take several attempts to secure a job. Therefore, it is important to remain persistent and continue to apply for jobs that match your skills and experience.