- Organization: FAO
- Location: Lebanon
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Apple production technical advisor
- Close on: 24 Mar 2023
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to eradicate hunger and malnutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. It was founded in 1945 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy.
The FAO works with governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector to achieve its goal of a world without hunger. Its areas of focus include food security, agriculture, fisheries, forestry, and rural development. The FAO provides technical assistance and advice to countries in these areas, as well as conducting research and providing information and statistics on food and agriculture.
Also, Apply: for UN jobs in Azerbaijan-Project Assistant
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially SDG 2, which aims to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture, serve as the foundation for the FAO’s operations. The organization also has a significant impact on how food and agricultural emergencies and crises, like natural catastrophes and armed conflict, are handled.
The FAO’s overall goal is to build a sustainable world where everyone has access to enough wholesome food to live long, happy lives.
About UN Jobs in Lebanon-Apple production technical advisor
The Resilience And Liaison Officer at FAO Lebanon will get reports from the Apple production technical advisor.
Perform field visits to individual female and male apple growers within the Framers Field School (FFS) on a weekly basis in order to assess how well the Integrated Crop Management (ICM) strategies are being put into effect and to provide farmers with appropriate advice.
Under the overall supervision of the Project manager, the Apple production (vegetable Greenhouse production) technical advisor will carry out the following tasks:
• Conduct field visits on the basis of 4 times a week to individual women and men apple producers within the Framers filed school (FFS) to their farm locations
• Evaluate farmers’ implementation of practices of Integrated Crop Management (ICM) as set in Quality Manual system (QMS).
• Provide technical advice and guidance to individual farmers as needed, with specific attention to women farmers needs on corrective actions and or solutions
• Train women and men farmers within the FFS group as might be needed based on field visits or as part of corrective actions;
• Maintain the established comparative pilot plot as per the set QMS / Phyto-Sanitary manual starting from the preparation for planting until after harvesting.
• Keep detailed records on the progress of the application of improved agricultural practices by women and men farmers;
• Supervise the process and quality of record keeping and documentation of the QMS; Prepare and submit a weekly report summarizing implemented activities, observations findings, actions and measures taken for follow-up and farmers’ compliance with ICM/IPM certification.
UN Jobs in Lebanon-Apple production technical advisor Requirments
- Agricultural/Crop Production/Protection degree from a university
- 7 years of experience providing training and/or advising services to farmers.
- Lebanese nationality or legal right to live and work there; headquartered in Akkar in the north of Lebanon.
- language proficiency in Arabic and English.
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Review the job description and requirements to make sure you meet the qualifications and experience needed for the position. It is important to carefully read the application instructions and to submit all required documents.
- Create a profile: Create a UN careers profile and complete the online application form. You will need to provide personal and professional information, as well as submit a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed your application, click on the submit button to send your application to the UN. You will receive a confirmation email with your application details.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, it may take several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by a UN representative.
- Attend an interview: If you are invited to an interview, prepare well and attend the interview as scheduled.
- Receive an offer: If you are successful in your application, you will receive an offer from the UN. You will need to accept the offer and follow the instructions provided to complete the hiring process.
- It is important to note that the UN has a highly competitive application process, and it may take several attempts to secure a job. Therefore, it is important to remain persistent and continue to apply for jobs that match your skills and experience.