- Organization: UNDSS
- Location: South Sudan
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Field Security Associate
- Close on: 6 Apr 2023
UNDSS stands for the United Nations Department of Safety and Security, and it is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of UN personnel, premises, and assets worldwide.
The UNDSS was established in 2005 to enhance the security of UN staff and assets in the wake of the 2003 bombing of the UN headquarters in Baghdad, which killed 22 people, including the UN envoy to Iraq, Sergio Vieira de Mello.
UNDSS works closely with other UN agencies, funds, and programs to provide security management, risk assessment, and training services. It also coordinates with host countries, regional organizations, and other partners to support the implementation of security strategies and plans.
UNDSS operates in high-risk environments, including conflict zones and areas affected by natural disasters or disease outbreaks, to ensure the continuity of UN operations and the safety of UN personnel. It also supports the development of national security systems and institutions in countries where the UN operates.
About UN Jobs in South Sudan-FIELD SECURITY ASSOCIATE
The field office in Juba, South Sudan, is where this position is based within the Department of Safety and Security. The Field Security Associate assists in the execution of security operations and all things relevant to the administration of safety and security for UN personnel in the Area of Responsibility under the general direction and supervision of the Principal Security Adviser.
In accordance with Staff Rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Regulations, local recruitment is required for this position. Regardless of their nationality or how long they may have lived in the country, all employees in the General Service and similar categories must be hired locally or within commuting distance of each office. The benefits and allowances reserved for overseas recruiting are not available to employees subject to local recruitment.
UN Jobs in South Sudan-FIELD SECURITY ASSOCIATE Requirments
- A high school Diploma or equivalent is required.
- It is necessary to have seven (7) years of work experience in security, risk, disaster, or emergency areas with security responsibilities, in public or private service sectors like military, law enforcement, or national security, or in an office setting.
The working languages of the United Nations Secretariat are English and French. Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing, is necessary for the position(s) being advertised. It is advantageous to be familiar with another official UN language.
How to Apply?
- Create an account: Once you have found a job opening that you are interested in, create an account on the careers website. You will need to provide your personal information, education, work experience, and other relevant details.
- Complete the application: Follow the instructions on the job posting to complete the application process. You will need to upload your resume, cover letter, and any other required documents.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed your application, submit it online through the careers website. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
- Wait for a response: The UN receives a high volume of applications, so it may take some time for them to review your application. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by the UN’s recruitment team.
It is important to note that the United Nations has specific requirements for each job opening, and the application process may vary depending on the position. Therefore, it is recommended to carefully review the job posting and follow the instructions provided.