- Organization: UNMISS
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Sudan
- Job Title: ASSOCIATE LOGISTICS OFFICER
- Close on: 1 Apr 2023
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) is a peacekeeping mission established by the United Nations Security Council in 2011 following the independence of South Sudan from Sudan. The mission is mandated to support the South Sudanese government in consolidating peace and security, protect civilians, and assist in the delivery of humanitarian aid.
UNMISS operates in all ten states of South Sudan, working to create a stable and peaceful environment for the country’s development. The mission’s key priorities include the protection of civilians, monitoring and reporting human rights abuses, supporting the implementation of the peace agreement, and facilitating the delivery of humanitarian assistance.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Sudan-Project Manager
The mission is composed of military, police, and civilian personnel from various countries, working together to achieve its objectives. UNMISS works closely with the South Sudanese government, civil society organizations, and other partners to promote lasting peace and stability in the country.
UNMISS is one of the largest and most complex peacekeeping missions established by the United Nations, and it faces numerous challenges, including violence, political instability, and humanitarian crises. Despite these challenges, UNMISS remains committed to supporting the people of South Sudan in their efforts to build a peaceful and prosperous future.
About UN Jobs in Sudan-ASSOCIATE LOGISTICS OFFICER
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Logistics Officer in Juba, the capital city of South Sudan. As a non-family duty station, Juba is classified in the “E” category. The successful candidate will be working in the Mission Support Centre, which is responsible for maintaining a robust information management system capable of monitoring key support activities and reporting key support challenges. In this role, the Associate Logistics Officer will be responsible for providing analytical data support to resolve those challenges, ensuring that all logistical requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Sudan-Project Manager
Reporting to the Chief of the Plans Unit in the Mission Support Centre, the Associate Logistics Officer will be a key member of the team, responsible for coordinating and managing all logistical activities in support of the mission’s operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on key logistical activities, including procurement, transport, storage, and distribution of goods and services, and ensuring that they are aligned with UNMISS policies and procedures.
The Associate Logistics Officer will play a critical role in ensuring that the mission’s logistical needs are met and that all activities are conducted in a safe, secure, and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team. With the unique challenges presented by working in a non-family duty station, the successful candidate should also possess strong adaptability skills and be able to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
Overall, this is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled logistics professional to make a significant contribution to the work of the United Nations in South Sudan. The Associate Logistics Officer will be joining a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals committed to supporting the mission’s objectives of building lasting peace and stability in the country.
UN Jobs in Sudan-ASSOCIATE LOGISTICS OFFICER Requirments
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration, public administration, engineering, information technology, or another appropriate subject of study from an advanced university. It is possible to substitute a first-level university degree for an advanced degree if the candidate has two more years of relevant work experience.
- It is necessary to have at least two (2) years of steadily increasing responsibility in logistical operations in military, commercial, or international organizations.
- It is necessary to have shown expertise and skill when writing logistics plans, SOPs, mission directives, reports, and other papers that support the execution of logistics support operations.
- Experience working for a United Nations common system field operation in a post-conflict or conflict environment is preferred. This experience should include peacekeeping, political missions, UN agencies, money, and programs.
- The working languages of the United Nations Secretariat are English and French. Fluency in both written and spoken English is necessary for this position.
How to Apply?
- Prepare your application: Read the job description and instructions carefully and prepare all required documents including your resume, cover letter, and any other supporting documents as required. You will need to create an account on the UN careers website to apply.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application, submit it through the UN careers website before the application deadline.
- Wait for a response: The UN recruitment team will review your application and determine if you meet the minimum requirements for the position. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted for further assessment and interviews.
- Attend interviews and assessments: If you are selected for further consideration, you will be invited to participate in interviews and assessments, which may include written tests, oral interviews, and other types of evaluations.
- Wait for a final decision: After the interviews and assessments are completed, the UN recruitment team will make a final decision on whether to offer you the job.
- Accept the job offer: If you are offered the job, review the job offer carefully and respond promptly to accept or decline the offer.
Remember, applying for a UN job can be a competitive process, so make sure you prepare your application carefully and present your skills and experience in the best possible way.