- Organization: UNDRR
- Location: Sudan, Egypt, Somalia
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Project Manager
- Close on: 13 Mar 2023
UNDER stands for United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction. It is the focal point in the United Nations system for the coordination of efforts to reduce disaster risk and promote resilience. The organization was established in 2000 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Its mandate is to support the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, a global agreement adopted by UN member states to reduce disaster risk and build resilience to disasters.
UNDER works with governments, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, and other partners to promote a culture of disaster prevention and increase awareness of the importance of reducing disaster risk. Its activities include conducting risk assessments, developing early warning systems, promoting the use of disaster risk information in decision-making, and supporting the development of policies and strategies to reduce disaster risk. UNDRR also plays a critical role in coordinating international efforts to respond to disasters and in providing support to countries affected by disasters.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-Livestock Specialist
About UN Jobs in Sudan-Project Manager
The major outcome of this project is a multi-hazard, prospective, and probabilistic risk assessment being conducted at the national level for Sudan and Somalia, in which losses caused by various hazards are assessed in various types of exposure. Enhancing NMHEWS infrastructure capacity for efficient service delivery is the second component of the project.
UN Jobs in Sudan-Project Manager Requirments
- It is necessary to possess a doctorate or a degree of equal standing in geophysics, environmental sciences, climatology, civil engineering, or a related discipline.
- Geographic information systems (GIS) risk assessment and multi-hazard mapping experience of at least ten years is necessary.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Before applying for a job, make sure you review the job requirements carefully. This will help you determine if you meet the qualifications for the job.
- Prepare your application: When you find a job vacancy that you are interested in, prepare your application. This will typically include a cover letter and resume/CV. Be sure to tailor your application to the specific job requirements.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application, submit it through the UN Careers Portal. You can also track the status of your application through the portal.
- Wait for a response: The UN receives a large number of applications for each job vacancy, so it may take some time for you to hear back about your application. Be patient and check the status of your application regularly on the UN Careers Portal.