- Organization: FAO
- Location: Thailand
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: HR Support
- Close on: 24 Mar 2023
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that works towards eliminating world hunger, achieving food security, and promoting sustainable agriculture. It was founded in 1945 with a mission to raise levels of nutrition and standards of living, improve agricultural productivity, and better the condition of rural populations.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Switzerland-Office Assistant
FAO’s activities cover a wide range of areas, including fisheries, forestry, agriculture, nutrition, land and water management, and climate change. The organization provides technical assistance, collects and disseminates information, and advocates for policy changes that support sustainable development.
FAO is headquartered in Rome, Italy, and has more than 194 member countries. The organization also works closely with other international organizations, NGOs, and private sector entities to achieve its goals.
About UN Jobs in Thailand-HR Support
The Human Resources Support works under the direction of the Regional Human Resources Officer and may consult the Human Resources Specialist/Assistant.
The HR Support executes and coordinates the whole spectrum of human resources support tasks. In his or her area of responsibility, he or she makes sure that data and processes are of high quality, transparent, and consistent, which helps the human resources department run efficiently.
He or she collaborates closely with coworkers on the HR team as well as managers and employees in client departments and offices to support human resources. After consulting with the supervisor, the incumbent works independently, sets work priorities, and uses initiative to come up with solutions to issues. The quality of job outputs, in particular the adherence to deadlines and the caliber of customer assistance, is the main focus of the supervision provided.
Assist HR Officer/Specialist in pre-screening applications and prepare necessary documents;
• Prepare interview schedules taking into consideration the time difference of candidates/panel members;
• Contact interview panel members and candidates to confirm the date/time for written assessment or interview;
• Act as first Rapporteur and take summary notes and draft the selection reports according to the established templates;
• Prepare full package of interview documents and remind HR Officer/Specialist on key submissions;
• Monitor and track progress of key recruitment actions and follow-up in a timely manner;
• Support HR Assistant in handling other routine HR support services and functions for employees;
• Provide back-up to the HR Unit during leave of absence of the Human Resources Specialist/Assistant;
• Perform other duties as required.
UN Jobs in Thailand-HR Support Requirments
- Secondary education, a university degree in social sciences, human resources, law, or a similar profession, or both, would be seen favorably
- four years of relevant experience supporting human resources and administration
- National of Thailand or resident in the country with a regular work permit
- working understanding of Thai and English (Level C).
How to Apply?
- Create an account on the FAO recruitment portal, and complete your personal profile by providing your contact information, education, and work experience.
- Prepare and upload your application documents, including a cover letter, CV/resume, and any other required documents (such as diplomas, certificates, and reference letters).
- Submit your application before the deadline.
- Wait for a response from FAO, which may take several weeks. If you are shortlisted, you may be invited for an interview or further assessments.
Note that the recruitment process may vary depending on the position and location. Make sure to read the job description carefully and follow the application instructions. Good luck!