- Organization: WFP
- Location: Multiple Locations
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Logistics Officer
- Close on: 20 Mar 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. It was founded in 1961 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy. WFP works in more than 80 countries, providing food assistance to more than 80 million people each year.
WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger by 2030, and it provides food assistance in emergency situations, as well as supports long-term development programs to improve food security and nutrition. The organization works closely with governments, NGOs, and other partners to deliver food assistance to those in need, and it also provides technical support and expertise to help countries build their own food security systems.
WFP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, the private sector, and individuals. In addition to its work providing food assistance, WFP also engages in research, policy development, and advocacy on issues related to hunger and food security.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-Livestock Specialist
About UN Jobs-Logistics Officer
These positions can be found in Semera and Adama. on the job. All employees in the various departments of the CO Fleet and HQ Fleet, or the designate, will be in communication and cooperation with the role holders. Job holders in RBs and HQ report to a senior Logistics Officer. Prospective candidates should expect to collaborate closely with a more seasoned professional employee who will provide direction and regular feedback on their work.
The WFP Fleet in Ethiopia has expanded due to the increase in activities, and fleet operations have been decentralized to ensure coverage of the entire nation whenever and wherever transportation issues arise. The administration of the fleet, particularly the coordination of fleet usage, maintenance, spare parts inventory management, fuel, and many other factors, was presented with a new difficulty as a result of the decentralization of fleet operations. The incumbent will assist in the overall management of all fleet operations, workshop activities, and oversight of all area office and sub-office fleet/workshop assets under the direction of the fleet manager. They will also coordinate fleet operations in accordance with WFP procedures, normative guidelines, and business rules.
UN Jobs-Logistics Officer Requirments
- Advanced University degree in transport economics, supply chain, logistics, engineering, business management, or a related discipline; or First University degree plus additional years of relevant job experience, training, or education.
- 2 years or more of post-graduate professional experience in a field related to humanitarian work, including experience managing logistics.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Local Language.
How to Apply?
- Read the job description carefully: Once you find a job opening that interests you, read the job description carefully to ensure that you meet the qualifications and experience required for the position. Make sure to also review the “duties and responsibilities” and “competencies” sections to ensure that you have the necessary skills for the job.
- Prepare your application materials: Most UN job applications require a cover letter and a resume/CV. Your cover letter should highlight your relevant skills and experience, and explain why you are a strong fit for the position. Your resume/CV should be tailored to the job opening and include your education, work experience, and any other relevant information.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application materials, you can submit your application through the UN’s online application system. You will need to create an account and follow the instructions to complete the application process.
- Follow up on your application: After you submit your application, you may need to wait several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you do not hear back within a reasonable amount of time, you can follow up with the hiring manager or HR department to inquire about the status of your application.
It’s important to note that the UN’s application process may vary depending on the job opening and location. Be sure to carefully review the job posting and follow the application instructions provided.