- Organization: UNICEF
- Location: Islamabad-Pakistan
- Type: Temporary Appointment
- Job Title: Immunization Specialist Supply Chain
- Close on: 14 March 2023
UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that was established in 1946 to provide humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in developing countries. UNICEF is currently active in more than 190 countries, working to improve the lives of children and adolescents by providing health care, nutrition, education, water, sanitation, and hygiene, as well as child protection services in emergencies.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Pakistan-Livestock Specialist
The organization is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, businesses, foundations, and individuals, and has a unique mandate to work on behalf of all children, regardless of race, religion, or political affiliation. UNICEF also works to promote children’s rights and advocate for policies and programs that protect their well-being and ensure their participation in decision-making processes.
In 1965, UNICEF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its work in advancing the welfare of children around the world.
About UNICEF Jobs in Pakistan-Immunization Specialist Supply Chain
In order to attain the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and assist children in realizing their rights under the Convention on the Rights of Children, UNICEF supports the Government of Pakistan in accelerating the development of children. Strong relationships with provincial authorities, educators and health experts, frontline workers and social mobilizers, communities, and families, and of course, children and adolescents themselves, will be one way to achieve this.
UNICEF will endeavor to ensure in particular that:
- Every child survives and thrives thanks to their good health, immunizations, polio protection, and access to wholesome food.
- Every kid develops.
- Every child is registered at birth and shielded against abuse and exploitation.
- Every child has access to safe drinking water, good sanitation, and a secure environment where they can grow up.
For overall guidance and direction, the Immunization Specialist – Supply Chain, Cold Chain, and Vaccine Management reports to the Senior Manager of Immunization. The successful candidate will work with UNICEF to support the Pakistani government in areas like as logistics, cold chain, and the supply chain for immunizations.
UNICEF Jobs in Pakistan-Immunization Specialist Supply Chain Requirments
- Advanced university degree in business administration, management, international economics, engineering, international development, contract / commercial law, or specialization in a field that is closely related, such as supply, logistics, purchasing, or contracting. Advanced medical degree with experience in public health.
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant discipline and two more years of work experience can be accepted in place of an advanced degree.
Five years of appropriate professional work experience at both the national and international levels in the logistics, contracting, purchasing, and administration of the vaccination supply chain.
- English proficiency is necessary. It is advantageous to have knowledge of a local language or another official UN language, such as Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish.