The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. It was founded in 1961 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy. WFP works in more than 80 countries, providing food assistance to more than 80 million people each year.
WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger by 2030, and it provides food assistance in emergency situations, as well as supports long-term development programs to improve food security and nutrition. The organization works closely with governments, NGOs, and other partners to deliver food assistance to those in need, and it also provides technical support and expertise to help countries build their own food security systems.
WFP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, the private sector, and individuals. In addition to its work providing food assistance, WFP also engages in research, policy development, and advocacy on issues related to hunger and food security.
About WFP Internships 2023
First of all, the WFP is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. Their mission is to deliver food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. It’s a great organization to work with if you’re passionate about making a difference in the world and helping those in need.
Now, let’s talk about internships with the WFP. They offer a variety of internships throughout the year, both at their headquarters in Rome and in their field offices around the world. Internships are open to students and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience in fields related to the WFP’s work, such as food security, logistics, communications, and more.
Internships with the WFP typically last from two to six months, depending on the position and location. They are unpaid, but the WFP provides a number of benefits, including travel arrangements, insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
To apply for an internship with the WFP, you will need to create an online account and submit an application through their website. You’ll be asked to provide some basic information about yourself, your education and work experience, and your interests and motivations for applying. You may also be asked to provide a resume, cover letter, and other supporting materials.
Overall, internships with the World Food Programme are a great opportunity to gain practical experience, develop your skills, and make a difference in the world. I hope this information was helpful, and best of luck if you decide to apply!
How to Apply?
To apply for an internship with the World Food Programme (WFP), follow these steps:
- Scroll down to the “Apply Now” section and click on the “Start Application” button.
- Select the internship category that interests you, such as “Programme and Policy,” “Operations,” or “Partnerships.”
- Review the internship requirements and ensure that you meet all of the qualifications.
- Create an account on the WFP careers website if you don’t already have one.
- Fill out the online application form, which will ask for your personal details, educational background, work experience, and language skills.
- Upload your resume/CV and a cover letter explaining why you want to intern with WFP and what skills and experiences you can bring to the organization.
- Submit your application and wait for a response. If your application is successful, you may be contacted for an interview.