- Organization: World Bank
- location: Uganda
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Operations Analyst
- Close on: 27 Mar 2023
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans, grants, and technical assistance to developing countries for economic development and poverty reduction. It was established in 1944 and is headquartered in Washington, D.C., USA.
The World Bank’s mission is to end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity by working with countries to reduce inequality, create jobs, and foster sustainable economic growth. The institution provides financing and other support to developing countries in areas such as infrastructure development, agriculture, health, education, and governance.
The World Bank consists of two main arms: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). The IBRD provides loans and other financial products to middle-income countries, while the IDA provides concessional loans and grants to the poorest countries.
In addition to financing, the World Bank provides technical assistance and policy advice to help countries implement reforms and build capacity in areas such as public financial management, trade, and investment. The institution also conducts research and analysis to inform policy decisions and promote knowledge sharing among countries.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Uganda-Project Associate
The World Bank is owned by 189 member countries, and its decisions are made by a board of executive directors representing the member countries. The institution is committed to transparency, accountability, and sustainability in its operations, and it works closely with other organizations and stakeholders to achieve its mission.
Overall, the World Bank plays a significant role in promoting economic development and reducing poverty in developing countries by providing financing, technical assistance, and policy advice to support sustainable growth and development.
About World bank Job-Operations Analyst
Taking on significant operational and implementation support tasks for the World Bank (WB)-supported programs in Uganda is the goal of this assignment. On the WB portfolio (Projects, Trust Funds, and Knowledge Products) in Uganda, the Operations Analyst will conduct routine monitoring, analysis, and reporting.
The operations analyst will offer analytical and operational support, as well as help with information management in general, including data collection, dashboard development, and monthly portfolio updates. They will also make recommendations on portfolio quality assurance and keep an eye on investment compliance and reporting.
World bank Job-Operations Analyst Requirments
- Master’s degree in a topic or discipline that is relevant to the mission of the Bank, such as economics, business administration, political science, finance, international relations, or a related field. at least two years’ worth of related experience.
- understanding of the coordination processes for donors, including Uganda’s procedures for donor project approval.
- ability to negotiate a difficult environment, political sensitivity, mature judgment, and a demonstrated capacity for strategic thought.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team are a must.
- demonstrated initiative, leadership potential, and results-drivenness, as well as the capacity to handle a variety of tasks in a challenging atmosphere with quick turnaround times.
How to Apply?
- Create an account on the careers website by providing your personal information, educational background, work experience, and any other relevant information required by the job.
- Upload your resume/CV, cover letter, and any other supporting documents required for the job.
- Review your application before submitting it to ensure that all the information is accurate and complete.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation. The World Bank recruitment team will review your application, and if you are shortlisted, you may be invited for an interview or assessment.
It’s important to note that the application process may vary depending on the job and location. Some jobs may require additional screening or assessments, such as a written test or an interview with a panel. Be sure to follow the instructions provided in the job posting and complete all necessary steps to ensure that your application is considered.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, you can contact the World Bank recruitment team through the careers website or the contact information provided on the website.