About Aga Khan Foundation
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-profit organization founded by His Highness Prince Shah Karim Al Hussaini, Aga Khan IV, the current spiritual leader of the Ismaili Muslim community. The Foundation was established in 1967 and operates in over 30 countries around the world, with a mission to alleviate poverty, improve health and education, and promote cultural development.
AKF works in partnership with local communities and other organizations to design and implement sustainable development programs. These programs focus on areas such as agriculture and food security, early childhood development, civil society strengthening, and disaster risk reduction.
Also, Apply: Helmut Veith Scholarship 2024 Study in Austria
In addition to its development work, AKF also supports the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), which is a group of private, non-denominational development agencies that work together to improve living conditions and opportunities in some of the world’s poorest regions.
The Aga Khan Foundation is a registered charity in Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Portugal.
About Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships 2023
The International Scholarship Programme (ISP) 2023 of the Aga Khan Foundation is available for Masters and Doctoral degrees in all academic fields. Applying for this scholarship is available here. Your application must be submitted by March 17, 2023. The Aga Khan Foundation is the source of this scholarship, which has a partial funding range in value. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Canada, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Madagascar, Mozambique, Pakistan, Portugal, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, and the United States are eligible for this scholarship.
- Degree: Master’s/P.h.D
- Supported by: Aga Khan Foundation
- Deadline: 17 March 2023
- Type: Partial Funding
His Highness the Aga Khan created the International Scholarship Program (ISP) of the Aga Khan Foundation. The ISP seeks to assist talented, exceptional students from poor nations who lack other financial support in pursuing full-time postgraduate study at respectable higher education institutions of their choice.
Requirements of Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships 2023
- Excellent academic records.
- Genuine financial need. Financial assistance is provided according to the needs of students, but the ISP must be considered a resource of last resort.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have explored and secured multiple sources of funding. The award funding need is determined individually, by deducting from the eligible student expenses, the total of other grants, loans (if any), parental contribution and student employment income.
- All students are encouraged to try to reduce the amount requested from the Foundation by applying to other sources of assistance as well.
- Admission to a reputable postgraduate institution of higher learning. The programme gives priority to Master’s degree courses but also considers applications for PhD studies. Local/regional universities and distance learning programmes are acceptable for ISP funding, if the quality of the courses is maintained.
- Strong professional experience, extracurricular achievements, volunteer contributions and leadership skills.
- Award recipients are selected through an annual competitive application process. At present, the ISP is available in: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Canada, Egypt, France, India, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Madagascar, Mozambique, Pakistan, Portugal, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda and the USA.
- Applicants must be a national residing in of one of the aforementioned countries. As applications are handled by local entities, interested individuals must liaise with the appropriate country-based unit.
- As the ISP must be considered a lender of last resort, preference is given to those who have been able to secure funding from alternative sources.
- Preference is given to young professionals under 30 years of age.