- Organization: EBRD
- Location: Associate, Funds Accounting
- Job type: Full Time
- Job title: Associate, Funds Accounting
- Close on: N/A
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is an international financial institution founded in 1991 to help build market economies in countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean.
The EBRD is owned by 69 countries, as well as the European Union and the European Investment Bank. Its focus is on private sector development, promoting entrepreneurship and creating jobs, and it provides financing, advice, and support to businesses and projects in its member countries.
The bank invests in a variety of sectors, including infrastructure, energy, industry, agribusiness, and financial institutions. It also works to promote policies and reforms that create a business-friendly environment, improve the investment climate, and promote good governance and sustainable development.
As of 2021, the EBRD has invested over €150 billion in more than 6,000 projects across its regions of operation. It has also expanded its mandate in recent years to include support for green initiatives, digitalization, and gender equality.
About NGO Jobs in UK-Associate, Funds Accounting
|Office Country||United Kingdom|
|Division||Finance – Strategy, Planning & Control|
|Contract Type||Short Term|
|Contract Length||04 months|
|Posting End Date||28/03/2023|
a member of one of the three accounting specialist teams that the Bank employs to keep track of the finances of both the Bank and the Donor Funds that it manages. In this capacity, the Associate applies the pertinent accounting regulations appropriately and offers accurate and insightful financial reporting.
- Prepares sections of the year-end financial statements with all required disclosures and notes accurately and to a tight deadline
- Prepare periodic internal financial management reporting.
- Assesses the impact of the latest IFRS accounting standards on EBRD/Donor Funds’ financial statements to ensure compliance
- Ensures the accounting policies of the Bank/Donor Funds are up-to-date and consistent with IFRS
- Undertakes investigations and inspections of data in accordance with established procedure to identify and quantify potential accounting postings required
- Maintains the accounting and reporting systems, files and other records required for the Bank and Donor Funds to ensure accurate and timely information
- Reviews transactions booked in front office systems and posted to the accounting systems for accuracy and appropriateness
- Liaising with Operations and front office teams to resolve booking issues
- Identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries
- Provides advice to internal clients relating to relevant financial products or transactions
- Contributes to the development of procedures to ensure the accounting department best responds to the needs of the Bank/Donors
- Review and sign off of team members’ journals to ensure accuracy
- Supervises and trains new team members and year end temporary staff to create a team that is capable of meeting its objectives
- Produces work in compliance with the Bank’s Internal Controls Framework
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and responds to queries
- Other ad hoc tasks as allocated by line manager
NGO Jobs in UK-Associate, Funds Accounting Requirments
- Educated to degree level
- Experience with SAP or equivalent accounting system preferable
- Life at the EBRD is different because of our flexible and creative attitude! As a member of a forward-thinking, multicultural organization, you may use your skills to positively impact people’s lives and the future of the places we invest.
- English language proficiency, both verbally and in writing
How to Apply?
- If you meet the qualifications and requirements, click on the “Apply” button to start the application process.
- You will be asked to provide your personal information, educational background, work experience, and any other relevant information required by the job.
- You may also need to upload your resume/CV, cover letter, and other supporting documents.
- Review your application before submitting it to ensure that all the information is accurate and complete.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation. The EBRD’s recruitment team will review your application, and if you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
It’s important to note that the EBRD only accepts applications submitted through its careers website. If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, you can contact the EBRD’s recruitment team through the careers website.